SEACaRL offers research-based subsurface characterisation, modeling and training.
SEACaRL covers the entire workflow: from description of cores and well logs to conceptual
and geocellular models – students acquire key competencies for a successful start in the industry.
SEACaRL is a centre of excellence for petrophysical and geological subsurface characterisation and modeling.
SEACaRL workflows are based on templates as used in E&P companies bringing consistency and transparency to all research.
Our research includes:
- Thin section analysis/microfacies characterisation
- Core description
- Borehole image interpretation
- Well log interpretation
- Stratigraphic correlation
- Outcrop characterisation
- Construction of conceptual geological models
- Digital geological models
SEACaRL uses these software packages: